Last modified: February, 2020.
Who We Are
The confidentiality and privacy of your data is very important to us and we are fully committed to protecting it. Mailpanion will never sell or rent your personal data to third parties and will only share it when necessary to maintain your account and the Mailpanion service. We are proud to say that we are one of the fighters for user privacy and service transparency.
What We Collect
- Basic One-Time Permissions: Obtain your name, email, and google id from Google after you authorize Mailpanion. This information will be used to register you and grant you access to the online dashboard.
- Intercept Images in Your Emails: As part of its integral functionality, Mailpanion automatically intercepts suspicious images in the body of emails you open a block the image from loading as needed. The content of your email is not accessed by Mailpanion. The detection and blocking feature can each be disabled by you in the settings on the dashboard.
- Email Tracking and Tracker Blocking Statistics: Mailpanion registers clicks on your emails and the links inside your emails and notifies you accordingly. Mailpanion stores quantitative information about interactions on your emails, such as time executed and type of action. This information is readily accessible to you. The user dashboard aggregates this information into general statistics viewable by you.
- Tracker Links: To improve the Mailpanion service, Mailpanion anonymously collects the links of email trackers. Email trackers are classified as single pixel images. Therefore, no sensitive data is ever collected. Tracker link collection aids the refinement of the tracker detection algorithm and will ultimately benefit you.
Only automated software uses the above permissions. No one at Mailpanion accesses your emails and your email body will never be stored. Mailpanion requires the most limited permissions from Google, so it does not and cannot send emails on your behalf, read your emails, and modify your Gmail settings. Specifically, Mailpanion does not acquire any permissions from Google to access or modify your Gmail account.
How We Collect Personal Data
There are several ways how we may get your Personal Data:
- When you visit our website mailpanion.com and its subdomains (“Website”).
- When you use our products.
Mailpanion shall process as controller your personal data to provide you with the Service and to manage and improve the Service, including sending of communications regarding the Service or with information about the Service or Mailpanion.
Personal data of Users processed by Mailpanion for the above purposes may include contact information, such as name or email address, language preferences, and other personal data provided by the User in the context of the provision of the Service.
Cookies & Logging
A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your computer when you first visit a website. As with most website cookies, our cookies include an identification number that is unique to the computer you are using. This identifier helps us better understand our user base and how they are using our site and services.
When you use your Mailpanion account, we collect certain information (the same information that most web sites log when they are accessed). This information, recorded by scripts on the website, will help improve our service and improve user interactions.
In addition, we log this information for internal purposes. For example, this log information helps us determine how well our services are working so we can continually improve the quality of Mailpanion. The log information is also important for security, audit, quality improvement, and other purposes.
To the extent not prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow use of our Services, Products and Website by anyone younger than 13 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 13 has unlawfully provided us with Personal Data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content.
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors.
- Illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission.
- Use Mailpanion to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Promote or encourage illegal activity.
- Interfere with other Mailpanion users' enjoyment of the Service.
- Create multiple user accounts in connection with any violation of the Agreement or create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses.
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer any Mailpanion account.
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Mailpanion Service.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Mailpanion Service.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Mailpanion Service.